Monday, October 8, 2012

Spring Dress; Just in time for Fall

I loved my Washi dress so much that I decided to make another. My brother and sister-in-law gave me a gift certificate to Fabric Worm for Christmas and I saved it for a long time for the perfect project. Once I found the Naomi Ito double gauze dot fabric I hit "buy" before anymore could be purchased by anyone but me.

Once it came I knew the dress would have to be lined, since it was lighter weight than coton. Luckily I had a few yards of solid pink viole left over from this quilt. I tried to figure it out on my own, but then, also luckily, Rae posted videos on how to line the dress. Hurray for someone else figuring it out. 


Unlike the first one, I added little cap sleeves. I really like them.


As the title implies, I finished the dress just in time for Fall. I've been waiting over a month to post about it because I was hoping I'd be able to wear it and get some pictures of me in it. That didn't exactly happen. And since we're going to Canada for February vacation, not a tropical paradise, you'll just have to wait until Spring to see any pictures of me wearing it. The dress will be waiting in the closet until then. 

Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...