Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October Ornaments

It must appear as though I have only been painting around here lately. I have been sewing some as well. Not much machine sewing though. In an attempt to accept that Fall has come I instantly jumped to being excited for Christmas. That meant digging out the felt ornament kit from Posie Gets Cozy that my Mum bought me last Christmas and getting crackin'.

I made the little rabbit.



Then I bit the bullet and actually started working on this mitten. It scared the be-jeezes out of me for almost two years. It looks so complicated so I stayed away. Once it was started though it wasn't too hard, it just took a very long time. I love how it turned out though. I need two in my size.


Lastly, I've been working on this little door. I love it thus far.



Working on these reminded me that I needed to ask my Mum to buy me the kit that had been released this year. I e-mailed her the link and that very day the kits sold out. While I am excited for Alicia (the artist) I am super sad that I won't get one this year. What, oh what, will I do to ease the pain of Summer being over next Fall? You can buy the pattern, without the felt and floss, but it doesn't seem like as much fun to have to buy your own felt and necessities. We'll see.

Off to work on the little door, and watch "The Office" on Hulu.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...