Tuesday, October 23, 2012

OMG The Progress



Or lack there of. I've started knitting a sweater four times now. One of these times I'm going to get past the first 4 rows. Sometimes I am too stubborn for my own good. I know that this task is too large for me to take on. I know that my gauging is never correct and always much too tight. I know my Mom lives 4 hours away and does not want to help me knit a sweater. I know all of this and yet I am going to keep trying. Sometimes the only way to learn is to keep going even though you know you shouldn't. 

Perhaps my progress would be faster if I had something to watch whilst knitting. I've been trying to decide if I should start watching "Doctor Who". Several people I work with, as well as kids on the Cross Country team talk about the show constantly. I love British shows, (sorry Dad) but I'm not sure if I could watch David Tennant and not associate him with Barty Crouch Jr. from Harry Potter. 


Someone else at work told me about "Twenty Twelve" which sounds appealing but I can't find it online anywhere. Alas, I will just have to wait the 84 days until Downton Abbey comes back. 

Do you have an series' you like that I could watch for hours on end that are available on Netflix?

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren! Knitting (compared to sewing) is soooo time consuming. I am glad that you are giving the sweater a try, though. I love netflix shows.... and just finished watching Glee (I know, I know... but it was entertaining) and before that 30 Rock and before that Parks and Recreation. Two awesome british shows I love are Sherlock and Spaced.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...