Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend Adventures

This weekend Charles and I went hiking. It was fantastic! We went to Alton Bay and hiked Mt. Major. There was a beautiful view of Lake Winnipesaukee. 
We must always take a required mountain top photo (I think Charlie is upset that I figured out how to use the timer on the camera so we don't have to ask someone else to take our picture, which means I can veto the bad ones and make him pose for 4+ pictures until we get a good one). Here is it:
I ran 5 miles today, 2.5 of them were in the pouring rain. I have found that if I smile when a car drives by they don't feel bad for me or ask me if I want a ride home. At first I thought it was because I looked like I was enjoying running in the rain, but then I realized how crazy I looked and I think the people think I look crazy too, and don't want to give a crazy wet person a ride in their nice car. As soon as I set foot in the house the rain stopped. 
For the rest of the day I am planning to work on the baby project, quilt, read, and avoid thinking about the impending doom that will come tomorrow when my professors ask me to remember everything I have learned the last 5 years of college and actually apply this knowledge in therapy!!!! AHHHH. 
Wish me luck!
Lauren 

2 comments:

  1. Mt. Major is one of my favorite climbs. Incredible views, rather easy on the legs and knees, and tons of blueberries in August. Hmm...you are lucky to have found a non-rainy day to go hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mt. Major is one of my favorite climbs. Incredible views, rather easy on the legs and knees, and tons of blueberries in August. Hmm...you are lucky to have found a non-rainy day to go hiking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...