Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Quilting Continues

I have finished sewing the quilt squares together. This could sound exciting to the unexperienced quilter, yet I know that I still have a long road ahead. Here's a picture of it.  This is my favorite square of all. I think it's super jazzy. 
In case you were wondering 2 curious blog readers how our trip to the specialty fabric store went, it was great! The store was kind of hidden, and seemed small but was full of wonderful fabrics. And surprise surprise when you ask the employees a question they know the answer and where to lead you and even give you tips as opposed to attitude and aisle numbers(and no one there was wearing fairy wings).  I wish I had enough money to shop here all the time, but alas the specialty store does not send 50% off coupons to my house to tempt me with their cheap prices and poor service. (this has been a jab at Joann fabrics in case you were lost in my rambling). Also I thought that this trip was so going to be great because Charlie was taking me, and he hates shopping, especially for fabric. Little did I know that he would make me wander around the Kittery Trading Post looking at boats and guns for over an hour before hand, I suppose that makes us even.  Although why we were looking at the hunting section is beyond me, we're vegetarians! Anyways, I found exactly what I was looking for to make the baby project I have in mind, but since I have made this blog available to my friends via facebook, I must keep it a secret until after the next baby shower I attend, lest someone see and ruin the surprise for my unsuspecting pregnant friend. (In one of my summer classes the professor lectured the other day about how some kids don't know how to use commas and either don't use any or use too many....the sentence above leads me to believe that I am one of those people who overuses commas in an attempt to look smart).

Off to check the mail for coupons from the enemy.
Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...