Sunday, June 14, 2009

Amy Butler...I'm in Love

 Yesterday was Market Square Day in Portsmouth. This means the main roads were closed down and stores had tents in the street and there were lots of people there with crafts and stuff. I wandered around all the tents looking for good craft ideas. Sadly, all of the sewn things I saw were things I have already done (10 minute head bands), or purses that looked like my brother sewed them. I honestly think I could have sewed a better purse with my eyes closed, or one arm tied behind my back...okay maybe not, but you get my drift.  Charles and I had plans to meet at 5 when he was done working so once I was done wandering the outside tents I walked around some more and ended up at the Portsmouth Fabric Co. again. I remembered my pledge from earlier in the week and decided I would just browse. WORD OF ADVICE: never, never, never go into a wonderful fabric store with intentions to only browse. Duh! 
I have been hearing about Amy Butler since I first started reading sewing blogs, and I was interested. While "browsing" I stumbled upon an entire section of Amy Butler fabrics, and I instantly feel in love. 
If I were getting married I think I would register for 2 yards of every fabric Amy Butler ever made (is this allowed? I'm thinking about it, seriously). It's pretty expensive, I'll have to make rich friends. Basically I stood in this section of Amy Butler Heaven debating if I should break my rule. When the wonderful fabrics overtook my better judgement, I then spent another 30 minutes trying to figure out which one of these wonderful fabrics should come home with me. 
I ended up picking this green flowered print. I only bought a yard because I couldn't justify spending more than I make in an hour of babysitting on fabric that I promised myself I wouldn't buy. Did I mention that I have no idea what to make out of this fabric? I'm afraid to cut it. Maybe I'll just hang it on my wall.

Eww it's raining again and I have to go to the library and do a final project. I think when I am done I will get around to fusing plastic bags. 

Have a great day!
Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...