The second to last step was the button holes which seems silly given that you've already invested several hours into a garment and that is a pretty easy things to mess up. I practiced on a scrap piece of fabric at least 6 times to make sure I was doing it right, then just jumped in. Luck was once again on my side and all 4 button holes turned out alright. I would not say they are excellent, but they do their job. I followed the pattern 100 percent; which is nearly unheard of for me. If I made the pattern again I would lower the neckline, like Andrea recommended because my neck claustrophobia kicked in after about 5 minutes of wearing the dress so I had to undo the top button in order to not have a freak out.
When I put the dress on to make sure it fit I showed Charlie and he said "Wow! You won't need a belt!" I guess to him a successful garment is when it's fitted enough to not need a belt. I do think it would look cute with a belt.
The pattern even has pockets! I would have added them anyways, because I love pockets.Me Made May 2014" by wearing something I've made every (work day) in May. I think I'll post a roundup either halfway through or just at the end. This is my first brand new garment, I have a few more in the works or in the old noggin.