Friday, May 16, 2014

Ruby Top: Part Two Hashtag Wear A Belt With It!

I had grand plans for sewing a top for myself for Spring Top Week, but then I didn't. Looking at the Flickr pool is pretty inspiring though, you should do it if you're looking for some inspiration. After browsing the pool I decided i just needed to make  a new Ruby Top for myself in preparation for the summer weather. 

Couldn't resist the lace top. The flowered part is a medium, but I changed the pattern and cut the lace out using the small pattern pieces so it fits better. I probably could have cut the whole thing out using a small, since it's really flowy, but I don't mind because #WearABeltWithIt.  Charlie makes fun of me because I usually add a belt to most garments I make for myself. 

The shirt is very comfortable. I expect to get a lot of use out of it this summer. Speaking of summer, there are only 20 days left of school for yours truly! *fist pumps air*

Now it's time for me to put on my sweatpants and cuddle some cute puppies on this rainy Friday.

Happy Weekend!

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. That came out really well! I like your fabric choices. Wish I had the guts {and time} to do some sewing for myself. I like to say it's 'cause I don't have time, but really I lack the guts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...