1. Be nicer- To this most people have responded "but you're nice already." Yes, to you I am nice, but to Charlie I am sometimes downright mean. This makes me sad to say, but it's true. I tend to hold things inside until I get home and then, for lack of a better word, explode, usually in front of Charlie. I suspect this is because I am comfortable with him and can't seem to keep my inner jerk contained when I am upset about something. In testing this resolution out for the last 4 days I have been quite surprised with how much better I feel and also with how easy it is to just keep my mouth shut if I don't have anything good to say. So my biggest goal in 2011 is to be nice to myself and to Charlie. It is after all the year we're getting married so I figured I should start off 2011 and our marriage on the right foot.
....in regards to the wedding...
Although, it would be really fun to quote her in some cases, "I want a ball, I want a party, Pink macaroons and a million balloons and performing baboons and ...Give it to me Now!" Sorry, I couldn't resist, but I will come wedding time.
- Pheasant top- blue flower print.
- Wool skirt- yet to be purchased wool fabric
- Summer dress- green jersey fabric purchased at MOOD last January (see what I mean!!)
- Sweatshirt- purple jersey I found for $1.50 a yard!
- Summer skirt- blue patterned jersey print (also from MOOD, I have a problem)
5. Make friends- I've been living here for 5 months and I have no friends. Sad but true. I keep making excuses like; "no one my age lives in this town"or "no one who is my age in this town has the same goals or interests as me." In reality I just don't know where to look for friends. I've been in school for the last 18 years of my life. For about 12 of those years I was with people I had known my whole life. In college I made friends with people on the team with me, we shared the same sport. In graduate school I shared the same passion and goals with all of my friends. Here it's just harder. I work part time at two schools, which doesn't seem like enough face time to get to know people. Heck, it's January and I still don't know everyone's names! Also, as I have mentioned, the people I work with are older. I can't tell you how many times people have said; "My granddaughter is your age!" Part of me wants to say; "That's nice, does she want to be my friend?" I am not exactly sure where to look for friends around here but I am determined to find at least one.
Those are my resolutions, what are yours?