Thursday, January 20, 2011

Just in Case

Did you hear it's supposed to snow tomorrow? In preparation for a potential snow day I decided to cut out a pattern I've been dreaming about for quite some time... you know just in case it does snow, and we do get a day off, and Charlie leaves me alone for 2(+) hours, and my serger doesn't make me want to pull out my hair. (As a side note; have I ever mentioned how much I hate cutting out patterns? I always get the sizing wrong. I used 10 billion more pins that I should, I don't have a table to do it on so I have to sit on the floor, I have to follow directions, yuck. I hate it, but I decided that if tomorrow is in fact going to be a snow day I want to have this horrible process out of the way so I can fully enjoy myself. End of rant). 

The pattern I used is from "Sew U Home Stretch", which is all about sewing with jersey and other knit fabrics. The fabric is purple jersey from Marden's for $2.99 a yard (and it's 60 inches as opposed to 45!! Cha-ching.) 

 I'm going to make this dress. Cute huh? Hopefully it will turn out alright, and if not, oh well the fabric only cost $5.98.
While I was on the floor cursing patterns, and stabbing myself with pins, I figured I might as well cut out another one. I snagged this pattern from my Mum last weekend. I don't think you can see from the picture but the shirt has pin tucks all down the front, very cute. The blue fabric is also from Mardens.
 And just in case we do have school tomorrow I cut out and glued together this "Consonant Blend" game for a few of my students. One should always be prepared, for a school day or a snow day.
Goodnight!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...