I've been on an ornament making spree ever since finals ended. I got an idea to make these wreaths with some green felt I had. It was very easy and here is how I did it in case you want to make one for your tree.
- Green Felt.
- Scissors and wire cutters or a Leatherman.
- Green wire, I don't know what gauge, but it's thin.
- Ribbon (red).
2: Cut those strips into squares. They don't need to be perfect, the less perfect the better.
3. Take the wire and poke the tip though the center of the squares. I did it one at a time. Do that until you have enough squares to make a circle. (Charlie said this step was boring, but I find it relaxing.) I didn't use all of the squares, but Charlie did, it just depends on how big or small you want the wreath to be.
4. Make a circle, twist the wire tightly then cut the ends and tuck them down to hide between the squares.
5. Make a bow out of ribbon and sew it onto the wreath. Add a wire ornament hanger and put it on your tree!
I took a break from shoveling snow to do a little photo shoot with the wreaths that Charlie and I have made:
I can't help by sing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" when I look a these ornaments.