Sunday, December 20, 2009

Wreath Ornament: How To


I've been on an ornament making spree ever since finals ended. I got an idea to make these wreaths with some green felt I had. It was very easy and here is how I did it in case you want to make one for your tree.
Materials:
  • Green Felt.
  • Scissors and wire cutters or a Leatherman.
  • Green wire, I don't know what gauge, but it's thin.
  • Ribbon (red).
1. Cut the felt into one inch strips:
2: Cut those strips into squares. They don't need to be perfect, the less perfect the better.
3. Take the wire and poke the tip though the center of the squares. I did it one at a time. Do that until you have enough squares to make a circle. (Charlie said this step was boring, but I find it relaxing.) I didn't use all of the squares, but Charlie did, it just depends on how big or small you want the wreath to be.
4. Make a circle, twist the wire tightly then cut the ends and tuck them down to hide between the squares.
5. Make a bow out of ribbon and sew it onto the wreath. Add a wire ornament hanger and put it on your tree!
I took a break from shoveling snow to do a little photo shoot with the wreaths that Charlie and I have made:
I can't help by sing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" when I look a these ornaments.
Merry merry
Lauren!

3 comments:

  1. Very very cute and simple! That's how I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and the kids would LOVE to help me make them. Thanks for showing us, I'm glad Tip Junkie Featured them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! This is perfect to do with my niece!

    -Elise @ 9toFit.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...