Thursday, December 24, 2009

Signs of Christmas

More than ever this year I have been thinking about traditions and things I want to do around Christmas time when I have my own house and family. I made a mental list and even talked to Charlie about what he wanted...to show that I sometimes care. Then I came home and realized that all the things I want to do are things that I have been seeing every Christmas all my life.

Candles in every window of the house.

Homemade stockings for family members hung on the mantel, thank you Frank (that's my grandfather, he is a skilled embroider-er. He made these for my brother and I.)


A beautiful tree with big retro Christmas lights and a medley of homemade and sentimental ornaments.

My future traditions have an origin; and now I am off to enjoy being home for the holidays.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...