- Get a dog. I really want one and I think my constant talk has convinced Charlie too.
- Buy a house.
- Move into house without hurting myself or being a mega jerk to others.
- Stay physically active.
- Think more about things before I impulsively buy them.
- Go on a honeymoon.
- Take pictures.
- Throw things away. Why must I save every card anyone has sent me? P.S. Thanks for the birthday cards peps!
- Finish things before starting other things.
- Think before jumping to assumptions, especially in regards to the students I work with.
- Stand up for myself. I told one of the teachers I work with that my motto at the beginning of the year would be "I don't take shit from anyone." I need to start following that motto. If only I could post it on the wall at school....
- Keep working on keeping new and old friends.
- Send more letters to people.
- Learn more about my family history.
- Eat more vegetables.
- Read more books.
- Try to stop swearing like a trucker Friday night - Sunday night.
- Finish that gosh darn cross stitch for my Mom that I started in 2008!
- Make a quilt and give it away. Who will be the lucky winner?
- Worry less.
- Be more creative. In other words, spend less time online thinking about being creative and actually do something creative.
- Hike somewhere and spend the night, and not flip out about peeing in the woods or being dirty.
- Stop and smell the roses every now and again.
- Ask Charlie for things instead of assuming he can read my mind.
- Spend time with my family and friends.
- Continue appreciating what I have and feeling lucky, because I am.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
It's my birthday. Hurray. Like I said, 26; yikes! A student said I was 100 today when I told her to guess my age, so I suppose things could be worse. Here are my 26 things to do this year.