Sunday, September 20, 2009

Donuts, Goats and Cider

Yesterday Charlie and I went to one of our favorite places; Cider Hill Farm in Amesbury, MA.They sell freshly made cider donuts as well as fresh apple cider. And boy oh boy are they good.
Don't they look so yummy? My mouth is watering just thinking about them. The coolest part is that they have the machine that makes the donuts behind a window so you can watch the whole process. This is where the machine drops a donut sized blob onto a conveyor belt:
Then the conveyor belt brings the blobs through hot hot oil to cook them.
And then the conveyor belt brings the donuts out of the oil and this nice man flips them into a huge pan of cinnamon and sugar and then puts them out for us to eat. And when you get them they are still hot and oh so delicious.
It is a very pretty place, I would recommend going to anyone who lives close by.
And the best part about the trip was that I found a new best friend:
Isn't he a cutie? I think he thought I was going to feed him my cider donuts but he was mistaken, I just wanted to pet him.
This post really makes me want a goat, or at least another donut.
Enjoy the day!
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Laur I love love love Cider Hill Farm!!! I'm so glad you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...