Friday, August 14, 2009

The Last Stitch

I am home from vacationing and have been sewing up a storm since. Last night I sewed the last stitch on my quilt. Boy oh boy did that feel great! I even slept with the quilt last night (in the summer I find it impossible to sleep under the covers). I love it!
Here is the quilt on our bed. *Notice the new sky light! Ooo La La (Thank goodness I was gone when this was being replaced because the roofer thought it would be funny to take out the old skylight and wait a day until installing the new one. Poor Charlie had to sleep on the couch so birds wouldn't poop on him in his sleep.)

Here's my signature. My Dad had to remind me it was 2009 while I was stitching it, if he hadn't I would have stitched 2008, I think that just proves that my brain needed a vacation.

WARNING: Cliché quilt hanging on a clothes line photos ahead.


I wish I had some profound words about quilting, but I don't, so instead I'll leave you with these two quotes I like: A quilt is a treasure which follows its owner everywhere. Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love.
Enjoy the sun and heat!
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. it came out really good lauren! I hope mine comes out nice, i still have yet to cut becasue our sewing room doubles as a guest bedroom and someone is staying in it for the weekend, I hope to have it all cut before maine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...