Friday, June 6, 2014

Spring Books

With Summer just around the corner I thought I'd share some of the books I've read recently. I like sharing what I've read, and also hearing other recommendations. One of my favorite bloggers just posted a few books she's read lately and the comments had a great list of books that I've added to my list of books to read this summer. Here's mine.

1. The invention Of Wings- by Sue Monk Kidd. I L-O-V-E-D this book. It's a historical fiction, which I didn't realize until the end of the book. I enjoy books that have more than one narrator. Half is written from the perspective of a young woman living in South Carolina before the Civil War. The other half is written by the slave who works for the young woman.

2. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? By Mindy Kaling. Also loved this book, but in a different way. It was so funny. I wished it went on for 500 more pages. It felt like Mindy and I should be best friends because we think the same (sick and twisted) way. I was genuinely laughing out loud in bed as I read this book.

3. One More Thing- By BJ Novak. Funny but not the funniest thing ever. It was all different stories, told by different people, so it sometimes took a few pages for me to figure out who the heck the narrator was. Some stories were also a bit off color for me, and if they were off color for me then they must be really off color to other people.

4. It Starts With Food- Dallas and Melissa Hartwig. This is not a fiction book, which is big for me, it's about healthy eating. I won't go into it a whole lot because I don't really want to start down that path, but it was very eye opening in terms of what goes into your body and the impact of that. I've changed my diet since reading the book, and feel much better for it. I've also been cooking more and even grocery shopping without having a mental breakdown in the aisles. All pluses for me and for Charlie, no one likes a crazy wife in the grocery store. I'd recommend this book if you are looking to make a dietary/lifestyle change, are experiencing gastric distress, or want to be healthier. The biggest take home for me has been to look at ingredients in the food you're eating.

What have you been reading? Any books on your list for Summer?

Hope you have something fun planned for the weekend. I am waiting for Charlie to come home from work so we can begin our weekend adventure.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...