Friday, November 22, 2013

Ruby Tova Hybrid

I sewed another shirt. My dad says these posts are boring, so I'll keep it short. I bought this fabric thinking it would be great for another Tova shirt but I got home I realized I didn't have enough fabric for the Tova. How can one shirt need so much fabric? So instead I made another Ruby Top. But! I use the Tova sleeve pattern piece to make sleeves so that I can wear this top without a cardigan.

I really need to branch out from blues and purples when buying fabrics; but I just can't stop. I don't really like other colors.


This is also the 80th shirt I've sewn that I wear with this little belt. I feel like without the belt it looks too frumpy or like I weight 1 million pounds.

Also, sorry to leave you all hanging. I had LASIK surgery 2 weeks ago! I am now free from the binds of contacts and glasses. Hurray. Due to the procedure I had to wear snazzy goggles when I slept and showered, which made it difficult (impossible) to wash my hair. (I did wash my hair in the sink a few times thought. Dry shampoo was my best friend all week.) I also wasn't allowed to wear makeup for a week. I didn't really want to share pictures of what a hot mess I was, although I seem to post a lot of terrible pictures of myself. Now I am back to normal and my vision is 20/20 in my right eye and 20/15 in my left. I feel like the luckiest person in the world to be able to wake up and see! If you have perfect vision please take a moment to think of how lucky you are. I had been wearing glasses/contact since 6th grade, approximately 16 years. I'd recommend this procedure to anyone who has bad vision. I feel so free! I only wish I had done it sooner. Don't worry though, having perfect eyesight doesn't stop me from taking stupid pictures.

What's something you have done that you wished you did sooner?

Happy Friday!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...