I sewed this shirt just after I finished the Staple Dress, and vowed to ignore the sizing chart (which told me I should be a large) and cut out the pattern pieces for a small. I also ended up taking the seams in at the front, sides and back too so it would fit better. There was enough fabric for me to make the shirt with 3/4 length sleeves instead of the short sleeves that the shirt was depicted in on the pattern. I've been eying Peplum tops for a while so when I stumbled upon this pattern I bought ages ago and had the right amount of stretch fabric in the midst of a snowstorm I was quite pleased. My only complaint is the hem on the bottom; it's not quite right despite my best efforts. I keep thinking it will work it's way flat over time. Next time I may also make the flair part a bit higher to be more at the smallest part of my waist, not the part that gets a little bit bigger. The shirt does a good job of hiding the post holiday muffin top. The pattern came together very quickly; it only took me two episodes of the crappy teen drama I've been watching while sewing. Part of me wonders if I could make this pattern with cotton and have a zipper down the back....things to ponder.
Shirt: McCall's M6754 Fabric: Jersey from Marden's.
Cardigan: Old Navy
Scarf: Bridal Shower Present
Thought you'd like one last jazzy picture to kick off your weekend.