Here are some of the reason I have been feeling glum:
- My grandfather is rather sick. Not like a cough. Pretty sad business.
- I love my job but is is stressful at times, especially in February (or before big vacations). I want to feel like I am doing my best and doing everything with 100% effort but sometimes/ most of the time I feel like I am putting 100% effort into staying afloat and not forgetting something really important.
- It's cold. I am sick of the cold and mostly sick of the wind. I want to go running and be outside but the wind makes it unbearable. It also makes my apartment cold which makes me cranky.
- I'm still searching for friends.
- Planning a wedding when you are the most indecisive person in the world is very hard. It's even harder when your fiance is the most decisive person in the world and can make decisions in .2 seconds when it takes you 4+ hours of deep contemplation to figure out the exact same thing.
- I got to see my Grandfather, Frank, today. As well as my Grandmother, Grandmother, and my brother, Garrett. It was pretty fun. They even said my cooking was good.
- On a whim I bought a new (to me) sewing machine. It's a used model with a new engine. It's wicked snazzy. I have been slowly trying to figure it out and absorb as much information as I can in short sittings.
- There are only 5 more days until school vacation. I am going to spend it in Maine, and do some wedding stuff, hang out, relax, read, snowmobile, have a party, and maybe see a brand new baby, if he comes on time.
- All of my squares are done for the quilt.
- I love the fabric I am using to make the quilt so much that I bought more this weekend to make this skirt.
- There are only 27 more days until spring at which point I can wear my new skirt.
p.s. I know unglum isn't a word; but it should be.
p.p.s. Here is one of my most favorite pictures in the whole world:
That's me on the day my brother was born. Looking at this picture helps me remember that even if you aren't happy about something in the moment you might be happy about it later.