Thursday, February 12, 2015

"Maternity" Josephine Tunic

I have had this fabric for over a year waiting to make this tunic. I am very glad I waited because I used it to make  a "maternity" Josephine. Not many of my clothes fit right now, so it's nice to have something new to wear. I saw the idea on Rae's blog when she was pregnant.


The pattern calls for you to sew the tucks all the way to the bottom of the garment, but she modified it to only sew past the bust to allow for a little bumpage. I did the same since there is officially bumpage here. Students started commenting, so I must be showing.


I'm excited to try sewing more clothes for "maternity" wear. I'd like to use patterns I already have but am not 100% sure how to go about modifying those patterns. I'll keep you posted on my progress, or frustrations.








2 comments:

  1. Love this top!! It's soo cute! And love your sprout bump! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just checking in on your blog; congrats on your pregnancy. You might love the "Martha" sweatshirt, it can be converted to a nursing or regular maternity shirt. The tutorial is in german but easy to follow! Here's the link to the ebook. http://www.milchmonster.de/E-Books/E-Book-Martha.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...