Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Farm-Way

Last weekend it rained almost the entire two days. Charlie was supposed to have a meet on Saturday but it got canceled. We decided that instead of seeing "House of Dark Shadows", we should go to Farm-Way. A co-worker told me about this place a few months ago and I'd been curious about it since then. 

We hoped into Charlie's car and set off. Charlie drove a portion of the way there then we turned on his GPS to navigate us the rest of the way. Strangely enough it lead us down a single lane road that felt a lot like the trials I've run on in Wapack. Then we came upon a sign saying the road was only maintained in the summer. What??! Why would the GPS lead us this way? Anyways, to cut to the ending, we figured out that before we turned on the GPS we had taken a wrong turn and the shortest way to get to our destination was down this road. The way home was much less eventful. 

It was pouring rain and the road was so tiny, I was sure we'd drive into a washed out portion of road.

 
Once we got there it was soooo busy. I figured it was just because of the rainy day and people wanting to shop. The store had farm gear, tons of pet necessities, outdoor supplies, furniture, gifts, Vera Bradley junk, clothing, shoes, socks, and lots of other stuff. After a few minutes we figured out why it was so busy. It was customer appreciation day so there were no taxes and everything was 30-50% off. This gave me an excuse to get my shop on. I got two new pairs of Smartwool socks and a snazzy dress. I also bought a tool to remove pet hair from couches. Charlie got new socks as well. We Therriault's can't say no to Smartwool at 30% off. After waiting 15 minutes in line (Thank goodness I am not a Cassidy anymore, and this was possible) we figured out that due to customer appreciation day there was free food outside.

Charlie enjoyed two hamburgers a hotdog and some baked beans. I myself partook in a hotdog, or two. There were also free cookies.


Homemade free cookies! Delicious. They were seriously the size of my hand. Charlie mauled that cookie.


It was lots of fun and quite a surprise. We definitely got lucky showing up on such a great day.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...