Thursday, September 2, 2010

I Survived!

Oh hi there! I have been a naughty blogger and haven't posted anything remotely interesting in over a month. And this post will probably be pretty boring as well.

I am just stopping by to tell you that I have survived my first week of work as an adult. I only cried once and it was within the privacy of my own home and my crying only lasted about 30 seconds then I managed to pull it together. How many times did I feel like crying you ask? About 23, but who is counting? Oh, and the principal thought I was a student using the copier. What matters is that the work week is over, I have a 4 day weekend, my friends are coming to visit, and I get to see my family. And also there are only 176 days left of the school year!

Anyways, since I have not sewn anything lately, except a purse that I gave away prior to taking any photos (oops), I decided to write a list, mostly for my benefit, of things I want to/ have to sew.
  1. A tote bag to carry my things to and from work. Did I mention that I can walk to work? Pretty awesome huh? Except on days like today when walking home in 93 degree heat with no shade carrying 2 huge binders makes me think my skin is going melt off of my bones.
  2. A lunch box. I bought some cool vinyl fabric over my vacation that I had planned to make into a lunch box for the first day of school to go with my tote bag, but that didn't happen. I still can't find a good pattern/ tutorial online for an insulated zippered lunch box. I'll have to keep looking.
  3. Curtains curtains and more curtains. Some for the kitchen, to let the light in but hide the yucky spider webs and spiders (eeww!) Some for the sewing room. Charlie and I spent 20 minutes putting up a curtain rod then hung the old curtains we had and realized that they were 4 inches too short! Erg! So now I must make more.
  4. A wedding present for my cousin and his soon to be wife. I have yet to figure out what to make them, but the wedding is quickly approaching so I best get on that. This is the project I really want to work on, yet no ideas are coming my way. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  5. Another quilt, from a whole stack of Voile fat quarters I bought a few weeks ago from the Anna Maria Horner line Little Folks. Have any of you touched this fabric yet? It is to die for. It's so soft, when I touched it the fabric just seemed to yell; "Lauren make a quilt out of us!" I was a little hesitant to buy materials for another quilt, especially with so much fabric piling up already, and with my bank account dwindling. However, Charlie stepped in and said; "well if you put it on your credit card you'll have your first pay check before the bill comes." It's a good thing he isn't going to grad school for personal finance!
Isn't is pretty? Now I just need to find a pattern. Oh, and maybe get some sleep. All of this late night blogging is getting exhausting!

Happy Weekend!

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Lauren I love that fabric!! And no worries i dont have a job and i keep buying fabric, I started a hexagon quilt, and im buying more for another quilt, and i just sawy another quilt pattern i want to make! ahhh.

    And that tote bag, I made one using that pattern for my sister last year for christmas!

    And check the one yard wonder book, there is a lunch sack in there, im not sure if it is lined though!

    Congrats on getting through your first week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...