Yesterday I turned 24. My dad reminded my to change my "About Me" to reflect my new age, be sure to check that out over there--->
After diner Charlie asked me if there was anything I wanted to do this year, I told him a few things off the top of my head. When I said one of them he said; "Yeah right!" Then this morning in between sleep and awake I decided that I could not only do the one thing Charlie said "yeah right" to, but to also challenge myself to do 24 things this year, here is my list:
1. Graduate with my Master's degree.
2. Find a job.
3. Move closer to the White Mountains and find a (2 bedroom) apartment.
4. Cook more meals/ be more adventurous in the kitchen.
5. Read for fun.
6. Make outfits/clothing for myself.
7. Run a long race (more than a half marathon, but less than a marathon.)
8. Be more appreciative of what people do for me.
9. Stop complaining about my parent's divorce; it's been 5 years, I should probably get over it.
10. Draw and paint.
11. Go to farmer's markets.
12. Be more aware of what I eat and where it came from.
13. Be nicer.
14. Start an etsy shop.
15. Learn how to and execute the refurbishment of my dresser. (A project I have been meaning to do since I got the dresser 4 years ago.)
17. Accept my nose, it's big, oh well, it's mine. Like my dad says; "If your nose was any smaller I wouldn't know you were coming into the room."
18. Make at least 1 more quilt, and experiment with new quilting techniques. (But let's be honest, this will probably turn into about 3 quilts.)
19. Be more giving with my sewing projects, who really needs 43 purses?
20. Have confidence in the things I do, say, and wear.
21. Organize and simplify.
22. Learn more about having good credit, saving money, stocks, just money in general, since sometime soon I will have some.
23. Watch less TV.
24. Find something enjoyable to do, and something to be happy about everyday.
I'll be sure to keep you all posted on my progress. And hopefully having a written record of my goals will help me stick to the challenge.
Off to conquer the world!