- Cut our own tree and decorate it with ornaments that Blaze cannot destroy.
- Put white lights in the windows of our house. (I already did this, and I love driving home at night and seeing the candle lights on in the windows, it reminds me of my home when I was little.)
- Watch Elf, It's A Wonderful Life, Love Actually, and Home Alone 2.
- Bake Christmas cookies. (Most likely using this recipe.)
- Sip hot cocoa with marshmallows next to the pellet stove.
- Wrap all my Christmas presents at the same time while listening to Christmas music.
- Listen to the "Celtic Woman Christmas" station on Pandora until my ears bleed.
- Finish sewing all my presents by Dec 17th so I won't be stressed out. (This means I actually have to start sewing.)
- Eat dinner by candlelight every night.
- Decorate a wreath for the front door. (Sadly this year I did not collect milk weed pods to decorate my wreath, and now the snow and ice have come and ruined all the pods.)
- Go for a night walk when it's snowing.
- Have a bon fire.
- See a Christmas play (this weekend we're seeing A Christmas Carol.)
- Go to the Newfound Inn for dinner and drinks, and to look at all the lights and decorations. (a three year tradition that I absolutely love and so look forward to.)
- Start a new tradition.
- Decorate the mantel.
- Send Christmas cards. (This year I really felt totally out of ideas and found cards on sale for 50% off that I loved, so I did not/will not be making cards from scratch. Had I realized how upsetting this would be to my aunt I may have re-considered. The convenience factor was key.)
- Buy presents for the giving tree.
- Go to a Christmas concert.
- Take a family picture that all four of us look good in. (That could take until next Christmas.)
|One of my favorite Holiday sights. The Newfound Inn.|
What's on your December Bucket list? Any favorite traditions?