Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Man Camp

My Dad and brother always make fun of Charlie for not knowing how to do "manly things." This past weekend, to remedy the situation they had "Man Camp." First my dad and Charlie fixed the sink in the kitchen; I read the comics. Next up was logging 101. There were a few dead/ nearly dead trees in the yard that needed to come down. Charlie got to use a chain saw to cut up some of the trees. I ran around the woods taking pictures of my ornaments. Then Charlie cut down a tree with an axe. Doesn't he look proud? 


Not to be outdone,  I cut down a (smaller) tree with an axe. It was pretty exhilarating. My arms are still sore. I am just glad I have all of my fingers and toes.



Man Camp concluded with venison Shepard's pie, and watching football on the couch. I ate the potatoes and corn and took a nap. 

Lastly, I was playing around the with camera and Garrett joked that I should take a few pictures of "a real man" so I snapped this one. It cracks me up, the Cassidy Adam's apple proudly on display beneath the worlds scruffiest beard. 

The next man camp will be all about splitting wood. I think I'll bring some knitting.

Lauren! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...