Sunday, May 8, 2011

"I Can't Wait for Summer" Top

Last year I was blown away the people who entered in "Spring Top Week." This year it's called "Spring Top Sewalong" since it's more than a week.


Luckily my vacation fell during the time period and I was able to make a top to enter. I named it the "I Can't Wait for Summer" Top.


The fabric was bought last year at Joann's. It's swish dot which seems to be all the rage lately. The pattern is a modified version of Simplicity 5552 . I changed a few things. The shoulders were much too long so I fixed that. I took in the sides a bit to make it more form fitting and less pregnancy topish. Lastly, I added some elastic to the back to add a bit more shape. Maybe someday I'll be brave and try shirring. Maybe.
 Lastly, in case you miss seeing my face:
Goodnight!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...