Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Apron V 5.0

Another apron you ask? Why yes. It seems as though almost all of my friend have or are getting married. And getting married means a bridal shower, and if you're me a bridal shower means an apron.

My friend Megan is getting married and I couldn't be more thrilled. I feel most slightly responsible for her getting married. When I was a freshman diver she came on a recruiting trip to UMaine and it was my job to get her to think I was cool and to join our team/come to school there. The entire diving team took her out to eat and then we all spent about a gagillion dollars playing ski ball and winning tickets to buy blow up hands that said "We're #1". Meg and I stayed up until about 2 am talking and laughing that night, the next morning we had a diving meet and I failed 2 out of 5 dives and somehow still managed to convince her to join the team. So long story short, if I hadn't been so much fun she would never have gone to school where she did and would never have met her future husband, therefore everyone should thank me! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go to the bridal shower and tell everyone how they were all there because of me, but I was happy to make her an apron. I used the same basic pattern I've used for all of the other aprons.


I love the polka dots with the flower pattern and the red piping. I can't seem to get enough of the piping lately. Here is the waist band detail. More soon on perfect piping!


I even figured out a way to include a tag. Now she'll never forget who helped her reach her wedded bliss. 


Happy Monday!

Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...